Gluten-Free Fruity Curry Chicken Salad
A delicious gluten-free chicken curry salad
- 2 chicken breasts, poached in water seasoned with 1 tbsp of salt (or gluten free chicken bouillon cubes if you prefer. Hormel has a gluten free option)
- 1/2 cup of seedless red grapes, diced
- 1 golden delicious apple cored and diced
- 1/2 stalk of celery minced
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of Kraft brand classic Mayonnaise (gluten-free verified, but other brands may be as well)
- Pulse the poached chicken breasts in a food processor or blender until shredded. I had to pulse mine in smaller batches to ensure that all the chicken was chopped evenly. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients and refrigerate for at LEAST an hour, but it's best the next day. Serve over a bed of lettuce, as lettuce wrap filling, or eat alone like I did- it's SO yummy!
B.I.P. | Feminine Branding and Graphic Design http://betterinpink.com/
Simple, delicious and healthy. Pictured are apples, celery, carrots, and a lemon.
One of my favorite summer treats. Ripe, sweet mangoes with salt, pepper and a few squeezes of fresh lemon or lime juice. HEAVEN.